Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Awesome Taco Pie


This is probably a favorite of both Steve and I.  We eat it as is, in taco shells, tortillas, and tortilla chips.  I prefer to eat mine in a nacho type manner and Steve likes to crunch up tortilla chips and mix it all together.  Whatever the case, this is easy and delicious!

ground beef 1 pound
packet taco seasoning
couple of handfuls of shredded cheese (chedder, colby jack, mexican blend all work fine. I use what I have on hand)
picante sauce about 2 cups (I eye it so I'm really not sure.  I figure you can use as much as you'd like.)

eggs 2
milk 1 cup
bisquick 1/2 cup
  
         Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and brown; drain. Stir in seasoning mix. 
         In separate bowl, mix seasoning, beef, cheese, and picante sauce.  pour into cooking dish.
         In small bowl, stir eggs, milk and Bisquick mix until blended. Pour into pie plate.
         Bake about 25 minutes. Top with cheese, bake 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. 
         Serve with lettuce, salsa, sour cream, cheese, taco sauce, heck, whatever you like with your tacos!

Here's the original recipe:


Their's is so much prettier than mine will ever be. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment